Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Great Blackout of 2005!

Thursday 15th December 2005. There was a blackout all along the avenue and other avenues too ofcourse. I have 5 human interest stories about the blackout. So sit back, relax and imagine each happening to you. And remember it happened at 11pmish so it is pitch black!! Even street lights are out!!! Luckily, Fredrick gave us a candle.

1. Laura, that's me. I was in a shower I had just put the shampoo in my hair and the shower went OFF! I waited for a few seconds for someone to press the button cos usually when I'm in a shower the power goes out so you just go and press the orangey button but I heard Paul and Dad downstairs going on about it's the whole avenues etc out, so I have to get out the shower with shampoo all in my hair, needless to say I was not very happy.

2. Paul. He goes to charge the camera battery for the next day, he plugs it in and sees the little light beside it sort of fade out then all the lights go out. Paul thinks he has caused the blackout.

3. Dad. He had his computer de-fragmenting!

4. Fredrick. He told us he was upstairs and his mum (Wilmaw) shouted on him for something and he put his hands over his face as if to say I've just sat down or whatever and he takes his hands away from his face and all lights are out.

5. Leonnie. Leonnie had no clue there was a blackout.

No comments: