Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Laura D's Opinions on Various Disney Movies

The Lion King - Very good movie. I like every single character in this movie except for Nala, yes that's right Simba's little annoying friend who grows up then goes finds him and takes him away from Hakuna Matata. What's Hakuna Matata, I hear you say? Well it means no worries! For the rest of your days, etc.
Scar is quite obviously the best one in it. I believe it is not fair how even though his brother was king he was supposed to live in this horrible little dark cave. Scar after many years was waiting to be King! And just because his brother decided to have a cub he now does not ever get to be king. This is very unfair in my eyes and I understand why he killed Mufasa and I am upset that he didn't get that little Simba guy too!
I have much more to say on this but I am going on it seems. This movie gets 8/10. (I would've given it 10/10 if Scar got to be king)

I'll come back later and write more opinions on other Disney movies.
Let me know if you agree with me on any of these.

1 comment:

imjusthere4thebeer said...

Sounds like if Nala was not cast in the film, Simba stays buh-bye, Scar remains the king, and you have your best of all possible movies.

Personally, I too was a fan of Scar; though by my own admission, I often find the antagonistic characters far more interesting (Hannibal in Silence of the Lambs, Dark Siddeous in the Star Wars movies, Frollo from Hunchback --- ok, that might be a bit too far).


Overall, I enjoyed your review, I give it a 9/10 (I would have given it at least a ten, however, you didn't post one of your famous pictures *hint?*).

Mike