Saturday, February 24, 2007

Laura D's Opinion on Various Disney Movies

Aladdin - At the very start of this movie when the merchant storyteller is riding the camel then stops to try to sell us stuff and tell us the story, I wonder whether or not he is the Genie? Because he is afterall voiced by Robin Williams, he is also in possesion of the lamp and who else would know the whole story?

I was also thinking that you wouldn't get this kind of movie from Disney nowadays because whenever I see a commercial for a Disney movie it always says at the bottom of the screen "contains mild peril", now if you have to warn about that just think of the kind of warnings they would have to give with a movie that in the first 5 minutes you hear "they cut off your ear if they don't like your face" and "I had to slit many throats to get it"!

Aladdin in my opinion has the best songs in a singular Disney movie. "Arabian Nights" - a GREAT song that Leonnie and I like to sing. "Prince Ali" - the whole song and the parade reminds me of Apollo Creed's entrance in Rocky IV, which is a good thing, although it was a little obvious that it was just going to rile up that Russian guy, this now brings me on to my review of Rocky IV......Anyhoo. I also liked the reprise of the Prince Ali song by Jafaar, "So Ali turns out to be merely Aladdin!" I watched this movie last night actually with Paul and it got to a certain part and I remember being a child watching it, I got the same urge last night as I did when I was a child....which was to use the fast forward button when it got to "A Whole New World"....and I did.

Another thing I like about this movie is that everyone has a sidekick. Aladdin has Abu. Jafaar has Iago. Jasmine has Raja the tiger. The Genie has the carpet (I think the carpet is an underrated character). Exactly what all this signifies I'm not sure.

Another underrated character is the cave of wonders itself! It's a very scary CGI cave and I like it.

Jafaar is my favourite character which you might have guessed. I think his voice is so cool and seeing another person on tv that is as thin and who's hands are as boney as mine makes me feel good. I have no idea why Jasmine didn't just marry him in the first place. I also loved the way he kept calling Aladdin "Prince A-boo-boo" even though Aladdin corrected him!

I love this movie and give it 9/10. (it may have gotten 10 if only A Whole New World wasn't part of it and if Aladdin just wasn't so selfish and freed the Genie after his second wish, it would've saved a lot of time a trouble)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the opinions above xD A whole new world was utter cheese, and Jaffa Cake Rocks! xD Prince Aboo boo! The weird sultan man was kinda cool too with his toy palace!

-Leonnie

Anonymous said...

... that would be ... pretty good...

imjusthere4thebeer said...

Is it my imagination or do you seem to take a liking to the antagonists/villians in the disney movies...?

No worries, I often find myself cheering for the "Bad guys," probably because they almost always make for more interesting characters...

Mike

Laura D said...

It's not just your imagination and it's not just the villains in the Disney movies either!

Anonymous said...

Wow ! Amazing blog to follow I would suggest to follow my all friends and family to follow his blog . Vivacious Blog - Full life and energy. Keep Posting, jasmine bridal Louboutin Shoes buy louboutin shoes.