Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's official! I do not have the ablilty to wake people up!

In my life I've only ever had to wake 2 people up.

The first was a few years ago when I had to wake Leonnie up. I wont write a whole long story so here's the basics: She did not fully wake from sleeping and stared at me in a really weird way then fell asleep. The next day she had no recollection of this! (Leonnie stopped staying over here after I told Paul what happened and many nights ensued of us having conversations with Leonnie while she was asleep but could reply to our questions).

Here's what happened a few moments ago: My dad is asleep on the couch (it's 2am), I went over to him, shook his arm and said to him "you fell asleep" (thinking he would wake up and go upstairs to bed). He did not open his eyes but replied thus: "(mumbling) hibs (mumbling). Is it yours or is it theirs? Is it yours or is it theirs?" I have no idea what he's talking about so I asked "is what mines?" He replies "Is it yours or is it theirs?" I now realize I've done to him what I did to Leonnie- hypnotized them.

As I walk away from my dad, hoping he'll fall asleep again and also holding in my laughter, he says "Is it YOURS or is it THEIRS?!" I do not reply. He pauses for a second and says "I think I'm putting too much effort into this".

My conclusion? I do not have the ability to wake people up. Or at least I can only wake them 50% of the way from sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Ooft, don't wake people up!

-Leonnie-

Philip Brubaker said...

Hilarious. People say the funniest things in that dream state between conscious and unconscious.