Thursday, August 09, 2007

A bunch of poker stuff

Yesterday, Paul was playing on William Hill and guess who was sitting next to him?
I'll tell you! Jamie Gold! 2006 World Series of Poker Main Event Champion, Jamie Gold. We confirmed it by using SharkScope and yes it was him.

Why was he playing at the £1 Sit n Go's on William Hill? I don't know. Ask him yourself.

Here's the proof!
Zoom in, you'll see it better (Paul is Casio1000).

What else? Oh, you know how everyone is always talking about Chinese poker? I had no idea what it was until a few hours ago. It always sounded mysterious and complicated. That is, until I found out that it is actually a game I used to play all the time as a child called Crash! Each player gets 13 cards and you basically just make regular poker hands and put them in order.

So now when I read Phil Hellmuth's blog and see him writing about how he lost $500,000 playing Chinese poker against Phil Ivey, I know exactly what he's talking about. And it's weird because to me nowadays that's a child's game!

1 comment:

Bud said...

I would like to say that the only reason I was down so many chips is that I had QQ flop came AQ4, another guy had 44 and another had AA so thats 3 sets.