Monday, April 21, 2014

5 Banned Toys I Had Growing Up

In no particular order, let's get started!

1. Sky Dancers



I loved these! Yes, a bit dangerous, but that's what makes 'em fun. You never knew when the wing was gonna hit you right in the eyeball....and it often did.

 2. Laser Pointer



I know these aren't illegal in a lot of places but in Scotland they were. That's why we smuggled a few back from Spain in a suitcase. In other news, I have also smuggled fireworks and haggis, though not all at the same time.

3. Barbie Perfume



I remember hearing news of this being banned and thinking "WOW, now it's extra special! I'll be the only one with Barbie Perfume!!!" Apparently it was banned because idiots were drinking it. ...It's perfume. Jeez oh.

4. The Yoyo
 
 See my article on this one RIGHT HERE!

5. Alien Egg Babies



Another one banned by teachers. Apparently they hated when we threw them at the ceiling. You see, you wait til the teacher is out of the room, throw your egg baby at the roof, it sticks....now you wait. Anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes later, you're doing your work and all these alien egg babies start plopping down onto desks and floors. It's hilarious. Hate when they get carpet and fluff stuck to them though.

No comments: