Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Bonkers Brexit Bulletin

I'm sure we've all been receiving these EU in/out leaflets in the post. Yesterday my brother and I recieved one each from the same group. And yet they were different. We were targeted in very different manners. I thought I'd share it with you all. (Keeping in mind we live at the same address and are basically the same age, the only variant is male/female)

Here's the leaflet my brother got:

The front.
(Address is above, I've cut that out.
Don't need this "Marty Lewis" comin' to ma hoose seekin' revenge)

Inside.
A collection of quotes from experts and celebrity types.

The back.
Some good, positive reasons to stay in the EU.

The fold-out poster.
Again, lovely and positive.

Now onto what they sent me...

AAAAAAAARGH!! MY FUTURE IS AT STAKE!
Unless they meant steak...my future is steak? That'd be okay with me.
Also notice how they've printed my name in big letters.
LAURA
To really get my attention. This leaflet is just for me! Yay!
BUT MY FUTURE IS STEAK!! AAAAARGH!

The back.
BIG SCARY LETTERS
Freaky weirdo face.
Farage is gonna speak for me, nooooo!
He's gonna be Ursula and steal my voice :(

The fold-out poster.

....and that's it.
No other info for me. No quotes. No nothin'.

Far be it for me to insinuate that this is sexist, what with the facts and reasoned arguments for my brother and the scare tactics and negative campaigning for me. For all I know they are just well aware of who I am, anxiety disorder et al. and are taking advantage of that. (Like how I used et al there? Am posh noo)

Anyway, full disclosure: I'm voting to remain. And not because of these leaflets, though my hamster thanks the group for the extra bedding.

No comments: